Monday 2 December 2013

Friday, November 29th 2013

Well today we had the pleasure of having a WOD Wednesday on a Friday.  Great way to ruin Fridays.

WOD:
Linda

Sets of:
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of

1.5x Bodyweight Deadlift
Bodyweight Bench Press
0.75x Bodyweight Squat Cleans

Let me just start off by saying that I don't think it's fair for heavy people to do this WOD alongside lighter people.  I'm about as strong as the other guys I workout with in the morning but some of them have the luxury of being 40 lbs lighter than me.  Damn.  To do this workout as prescribed, I would be doing 325# Deadlifts, 215# Bench and 165# Squat Cleans.  Good news, I Rx'd the Squat Cleans.  The rest didn't go so well.  Bench is a notorious weakness of mine but luckily I had a partner in Baechler to go for 135# Bench Press.  Deadlifts were at 245#, same as Mitch.

Bench was pretty good all the way through.  Could have maybe gone a little heavier but I knew that there was potential to really hit a wall so I was cautious with it.  Deadlifts were just heavy enough to push hard but manageable mostly in sets of 4-5.  Squat Cleans went really well and it is by far my most confident movement of the 3.  They were more taxing on cardio.

Final score was 32:17.  No fun at all but really good representation of what I need to work on.


No comments:

Post a Comment